The Adventures of Christine and Dashiell

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Another day at the Zoo

We're back from another great, but hot visit to the Zoo. We piled into the family roadster this morning and headed off to meet up with our friends Jerry, Michele and Truman, and Ryan, Rebecca and Jake. We started off in the splash zone with the kids, and although Christine had fun looking at the animals spouting water (fake animals that is, not real ones, I think there would be some kind of liability involved if they used real ones), Christine was not impressed with the cold water coming at her from all sides - I guess she's gotten used to the warm water of Grandpa's pool and won't settle for anything less.

So at the zoo we (of course) saw a bunch of cool animals, here's a shot of Christine admiring the giraffes.


Then we headed off to look at the seals - they were definitely the hit of the day and Christine just kept on saying "whoa" whenever they swam by her.

Then we visited these animals (yes there are two there) - anyone have a guess what they might be? First person to response in the comments with a correct answer will win a prize! (assuming I know you of course and you aren't some kind of crazy stalker or something)
Update: here's a hint for those of you still trying to figure it out - it's native to Australasia and is a marsupial
We have a winner! Congratulations Aunt Boo (Kathleen) for identifying the Tree Kangaroo, the two below are a Mommy and her Joey. Her chocolate prize will be hand delivered sometime this week.
After the zoo we headed back to Jerry and Michele's place for a picnic lunch of pizza and beer. Dash got a little hungry and since he's too little to eat pizza yet - he decided to have a liquid lunch, hey I hear it's good for what ails you!
Finally we stopped by for a swim and some dinner at Grandpa's on the way home, another busy, fun day under our belt.

5 Comments:

  • Ok... two comments. First, the mystery animal is obviously the "Hey I look like one animal but am really two" bear. And second, why did Dash have beer for lunch?!? Why not his favourite "Peacock Extravaganza milkshake" like last time?!? :)

    By Blogger ELB, At 10:19 PM  

  • Ok everyone out there in cyberworld - Erin is obviously mistaken about the animal so no (chocolate) prize for her. And Dash was drinking beer because they were out of scotch of course.

    By Blogger Stephanie, At 9:12 AM  

  • CL says it is a Koala.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:54 PM  

  • The animals are Matschie's Tree Kangaroos. I can't believe I was right about it looking like a marsupial. I'd like some chocolate please.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:56 AM  

  • CL agrees with Aunt Boo. I was just a few minutes behind her. It would have been hard to send the chocolate here anyway. Congratulations Cathleen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home