Christmas 2008 Catch-Up
Well it seems like we have our computer problems fixed and are able to upload pictures again - so let's catch everyone up with what we did on our Christmas vacation...
We were able to spend some time over the holidays with lots of good friends, here's a shot of Dash cruisin' in his friend's Tim and Sam's jeep at a play date we had at their house, and a shot below of Dash hanging with his ladies Christine and Maja at our house - I think they were on some kind of international conference call.
We were extra lucky to spend Christmas this year with Nana and Papa who came all the way from Victoria to visit us - and I guess to meet the beautiful baby Caroline as well. We also managed to spend lots of time with Uncle Geof (below with Dash), Aunt Brenda and Caroline as well - Christine has been practicing her babysitting skills in earnest - frankly I think she's ready to go.

Since Christine and Dash don't get to see Nana and Papa very often they decided to catch them up on all of their favourite things - above you'll see Christine, Dash and Papa reading one of their favourite books - "Cars and Trucks and Things That Go" by Richard Scarry.
And here's a shot of Christine and Dash playing a new favourite game they invented "Princess and Davy Crockett tag - now with large sticks" - look for it at playgrounds near you!
And here's Dash showing off his favourite super-hero...able to leap couches in a couple of bounds, faster that a speeding 9 year-old dog - it's a bird, it's a plane it's SuperDash!
And of course we celebrated a favourite of all - Christmas. Dash and especially Christine were really excited about Christmas this year and the prospect of Santa coming to visit them on Christmas Eve. Well they must of both been really good this year because they both got what they asked for and more from Santa - here's a shot of Christine with her requested Pink Doggy and the elusive (and much obsessed over by Christine) Pink River Dolphin - yes they are real and they're fantastic.
And here's Dash with his trucks - man does this kid love trucks, luckily Santa has the really cool kind that make "backing up noises" - if only they had GPS, then I wouldn't have to look for them all around my house.
Here's a shot of Christine showing off her Princess nightgown (that she mistakenly and confusingly calls her "nightstand") that Nana and Papa got her.A final funny story to leave with you all about Christmas 2008. I had taken Christine out shopping to buy a small present from her to Dash for Christmas after explaining that we bought presents for those people we love. Christine had carefully picked out the garbage truck in the store and as we were leaving the store I reminded her that Dash couldn't open it up until Christmas day and that it was secret. When we got back Dash had just woken up from his nap and was more than a little grumpy - Christine was worried about him so she yelled at the top of her lungs "Don't cry Dash - I bought you a garbage truck!". I quickly hushed her and reminded her it was a secret - so she then yelled again at Dash - "Don't cry Dash - I bought you a garbage truck - it's a secret!". I think we may just have to work on this secret concept a little more in 2009.
Labels: Christmas


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home