The Adventures of Christine and Dashiell

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Great Canadian Tradition of Tobogganing

Christine experienced another big first this past weekend when she got to go tobogganing for the first time. Last Christmas her Uncle Luke and Amber got her a toboggan for Christmas, but due to her littleness and other circumstances (such as the arrival of her little brother) we were unable to get sledding last year. This past Friday's big snow dump provided an excellent base for her big adventure and off Christine, Ben, Luke, Amber and Grandpa went (the Dash Man is sick so I stayed home to take care of him).Word on the street is that Christine may have been a little scared going down the hill but enjoyed being pull around on flat ground - I'm sure you'll be seeing her in the 2026 Winter Olympics as Captain of the brand new Canadian Women's Bobsled team.
As I said the Dash Man is sick (a double ear infection) but seems to be on the way to recovering finally - the rest of us are all battling colds as well. So we are stuck at home recuperating and getting a little antsy - to conquer the boredom we've been making up a bunch of new games. For example give Christine a bowl and wooden spoon and she'll be entertained for an hour "making" us food (her favourites are hotdogs, waffles and popcorn). Above you'll see a game we invented called "What happens we you put two kids in a box" Lots of fun I tell ya! (Can you tell I'm slowly going crazy?)
And just because he's so cute and he had to miss out on tobogganing here is a shot of our messy little man at dinner tonight - the menu of blueberry puree is clearly represented on his artistic masterpiece

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home